This page is dedicated to all those who plan to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 2013. Information includes a list of 2013 AT blogs, thru-hiker marketplace, gear lists, and more. If there is anything that I have overlooked, or that you would like to see included on this page, please e-mail me at theGoodBadger[at]gmail.com
I also suggest to bookmark this page as I will be updating it with more information.
If you’re thinking of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail, or will be following closely the thru-hike of a loved one, you should check out Appalachian Trials. It’s the only resource to help hikers with the mental/emotional portion of thru-hiking the AT – the most difficult aspect of the trail.
Completed 2013 Thru-Hikers!
Check out the list of 2013 Appalachian Trail thru-hikers!!
If you are planning on thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2013 and would like your blog included on this list, please e-mail me at theGoodBadger[at]gmail[dot]com.
– Ga Me On
– No Pain No Maine
Leave a comment at the bottom of this page to let people know when you’re hiking!
Also check out the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2013 Facebook Page to find others who are leaving the same time as you!
More about the Appalachian Trail
Appalachian Trail Hostels
(From South to North)
– The Blueberry Patch in Hiawassee, GA
– Serenity Chalet (two miles out of the NOC)
– Aquone Hostel in Nantahala Forest, NC
– The Cabin in the Woods at Stecoah Gap, NC 143
– Standing Bear Farm at Green Corner Rd, TN
– Elmer’s Sunnybank Inn in Hot Springs, NC
– Uncle Johnny’s Nolichucky Hostel in Erwin, TN
– Mountain Harbour B&B in Roan Mountain, TN
– Woodshole Hostel at Sugar Run Gap, VA
– Bears Den Hostel & Trail Center in Bears Den Rocks, VA
– Green Mountain House in Manchester Center, VT
– White Mountain Lodge & Hostel in Gorham, NH
E-mail me at [email protected] to be listed here (please include a link to your hostel)
Changes to the Appalachian Trail in 2013
This section is dedicated to helping you find the right gear including tips on how to save money.
For great thru-hiking gear tips, I recommend checking out The Dusty Camel’s gear page.
Steep and Cheap offers one great gear item per day at a large discount.
Stay in the Know
Join the Good Badger Facebook Page (the author), Appalachian Trials Facebook Page (the book) and the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2013 Facebook Page (your community) to stay current on any updates to this page and all other things dealing with the 2013 Appalachian Trail. If there’s anything else you’d like to see on this page, let me know!
And this is awesome…